Old December 22nd 05, 06:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default "Extra" buses

In message , Paul Corfield
writes

I find the whole thing immensely depressing. I don't hold with the
argument about via points having been passed en route and being
confusing.

Do you not think that a tourist, having seen Apsley House and Marble
Arch and wanting to go on to Harrods, might be confused when a passing
bus says "Knightsbridge" but actually goes in the opposite direction up
Piccadilly?

Having lived in London for the best part of 60 years, I don't think I
would on that particular example - but I still occasionally get caught
out by "via" displays, especially when embarking from a stop on a
one-way system.

(Incidentally, I don't think there is any single satisfactory answer to
this problem).
--
Paul Terry