Old December 23rd 05, 10:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london
d d is offline

Default Tube strike 31st Dec

"Neil Williams" wrote in message
oups.com...
Chris! wrote:

I don't see how striking *against* having *more* staff visible on
platforms is going to do anything to stop the deaths of londoners from
terrorism. Can you explain that to me?

That's what I was thinking. A strike about the redeployments because
staff don't want a longer commute or to be redeployed to different
roles is one thing, and may or may not be justified. I cannot see how
the number of ticket office staff is in any way related to safety;
indeed, many underground systems worldwide don't *have* ticket offices
at all. I therefore get the feeling they are very much making the
wrong call with this one, and are diluting the "safety" card rather
than saving it for when it is really needed.

They have to call it, though, as the RMT agreed to LU's actions, only now
they're having second thoughts, so they just all start crying "safety! ooh
safety!" and go home early.

Neil