Old December 24th 05, 08:03 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Brimstone Brimstone is offline

Default Teenager dies 'playing' on hi-speed track out of Paddington

Rick Hughes wrote:
"Brimstone" wrote in
:

Why have compassion for someone who deliberately puts himself in
harm's way whilst damaging your property?

Whether or not you feel any compassion is probably innate; if you
don't have any, I don't suppose it's something you can learn or
develop. But whilst I can't say that I have particular sympathy with
this victim (any more than any of the roundly 2000 other people who
died in Britain that day - I didn't know any of them), I can
recognise that his demise is a tragedy to his friends and family.
Can't you?

Undoubtedly it's a tragedy for his friends and family and every other poster
has said something similar. It's the individual's stupidity that has been
commented on, but you seem to be having a struggle seperating the two.