Old December 24th 05, 09:49 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Rick Hughes Rick Hughes is offline

Default Teenager dies 'playing' on hi-speed track out of Paddington

"JFGrieve" wrote in
:

In my opinion your translation was wrong, compassion does not alter
the fact that he should not have been where he was. If he was walking
down the middle of a motorway & got killed I would feel compassion for
him, but I would still say that his own actions caused the result.

No argument there. He shouldn't have been where he was. It was the "He
got what he deserved" that I couldn't agree with.

Nor am I but the feelings of innocent parties should be recognised.

As you wish. I always find such sentiments from those have have no
connection with the parties involved to smack of insincerity, but I'm
probably alone on that one.

I myself tend to agree with the original
post that although this was a tragic event it seems that he was the
author of his own misfortunes. Sympathy should go to his relatives &
friends but we should not forget others directly involved, the fact
that it happened near Christmas does not alter the facts.

If I might say so, a vastly more considered posting than the one from
"Andy" which provoked me initially.

Rick.