Old December 26th 05, 05:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default Advice wanted re transport into London from M1/M4/M40

In message .com,
writes
I am staying overnight at Park Lane tomorrow night (27th) and I don't
want to take the car into the centre of London. I am travelling up
from Brighton in the evening and then heading off to Nottingham some
time on the 28th. I would appreciate some advice on the best place to
leave the car overnight.

I normally park up at Stanmore but I see the Jubilee Line is closed
this week. Piccadilly Line looks quite good (slow but direct to Hyde
Park) but I am not sure what we would a good station to leave the car
at bearing in mind most of them seem to have resident's scheme.

Hillingdon has a large car park (fewer Piccadilly trains that
Metropolitan but easy interchange at Rayer's Lane).

I'm not sure about charges for overnight parking, though. In fact, I'm
not even sure that's allowed. But then I'd have said the same about
Stanmore, so what do I know?! :-)

Good luck with the trip!
--
Ian Jelf, MITG