Old December 26th 05, 07:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Fitzgerald Steve Fitzgerald is offline

Default tube and buses.New Years Eve/Day

In message . com,
spikemike writes
Hi there i am coming down to London on Friday 30 Dec, and just wanted
to find out a few things about the buses and the Tubes....
"The RMT has called a 24-hour strike starting at 12 noon on New Year's
Eve and lasting until 12 noon on New Year's Day."....does this mean if
it does goes ahead, that there will be tubes after 12 Noon...or is
there normally no tubes on NYD..
what about buses...couldnt find any info on the Bus section of London
Transport, relating to NYD services....
I will be wanting to travel between Wapping and South Kensington..
suppose i will have to bring my walking boots with me...and a flask of
hot soup.. ha ha

It's only station staff who have been called out. Drivers and other
staff are working normally. I suspect that the worst that will happen
is a few more stations than normal being closed. I'm still expecting to
be driving trains on the night anyway!

The DLR isn't affected at all, but don't forget the Jubilee line is
closed totally until about 1800 on NYE for engineering works.

I think the buses are running a Sunday service on NYD, certainly the
tubes will be running right through (subject to the above).