Old December 26th 05, 10:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Simon Lee Simon Lee is offline

Default Advice wanted re transport into London from M1/M4/M40

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I am staying overnight at Park Lane tomorrow night (27th) and I don't
want to take the car into the centre of London. I am travelling up
from Brighton in the evening and then heading off to Nottingham some
time on the 28th. I would appreciate some advice on the best place to
leave the car overnight.

I normally park up at Stanmore but I see the Jubilee Line is closed
this week. Piccadilly Line looks quite good (slow but direct to Hyde
Park) but I am not sure what we would a good station to leave the car
at bearing in mind most of them seem to have resident's scheme.

Thanks in advance.

Pete

Maybe others would argue this isn't the best plan but as you are going
onwards to Nottingham, have you considered Luton Airport Parkway?
£4.20p per 24 hours in a multi-storey next to the station, frequent
Thameslink to KingsX Thameslink (Piccadilly Line) and despite you having to
drive all the way from Brighton to Luton on the 27th, you can get back in
the car on the 28th and if you are lucky and the traffic is clear, it'll be
just the M1 all the way to Nottingham in around 90 - 110 minutes (if you
have 70mph all the way).
See www.nationalrail.co.uk for ticket prices.