Old December 27th 05, 10:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard Adamfi Richard Adamfi is offline

Default tube and buses.New Years Eve/Day

spikemike wrote:

I will be wanting to travel between Wapping and South Kensington..
suppose i will have to bring my walking boots with me...and a flask of
hot soup.. ha ha

See

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/christmas05/default.asp

for travel information.

There will be no problem getting around - London Buses are running 24
hours a day with a Saturday service on New Year's Eve and Sunday
service on New Year's Day. So, even with a tube strike, you can get
around easily enough with buses (3 pounds a day with a One Day Bus Pass
or maximum 3 pounds a day with Oyster capping).

There is free travel between 2345 and 0430 with an enhanced night
service. However, there are some road closures in central London
affecting many routes.