Old December 28th 05, 09:22 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Peter Hucker Peter Hucker is offline

Default Teenager dies 'playing' on hi-speed track out of Paddington

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 13:54:08 -0000, Brimstone wrote:

MIG wrote:
Brimstone wrote:
MIG wrote:
I don't think that the people killed
were enthusiasts.

We don't know what they're enthusiastic about, if anything.

Of course we don't. A previous poster misunderstood me to be
suggesting that they were on the railway because they were railway
enthusiasts. I certainly wasn't suggesting that. I was referring to
railway enthusiasts' reaction to people getting killed.

Like other people, there will be a variety of reactions and views. I suspect
there are many with no interest in the railways at all whose basic attitde
will be "tough ****, shouldn't have been there".

My reaction is:
Why is there any reaction? People are killed every day on the roads, yet if it's on a railway, all hell breaks loose.

A weekend wasted is not a wasted weekend.