Old December 30th 05, 11:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jonathan Morris Jonathan Morris is offline

Default Doors Open

Alex Watson wrote:
Do Tube trains even have door opening buttons anymore? I know the newer
District line stock doesn't, including the refurbished D (?) stock.
Although.. I remember they *used* to leave the doors shut during winter,
so presumably the system still works for those trains with buttons.

You certainly don't need to press the button anymore on any LUL trains
in my experience. I'm sure you used to press the open button on the
Central Line trains, but can't remember when I last did it. Can you
still close them, or is control completely removed for the passenger?