Old December 31st 05, 01:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default One Day Travelcards on Oyster?

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005, Andrew Black (delete obvious bit) wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote in
h.li:

On Sat, 30 Dec 2005, Larry Lard wrote:

What's the reason these aren't available? Points for PR reason(s) and
real reason(s), since oystercard.com doesn't even deign to give me
one of the former.

Could it be that since we've got capping, we don't really need 1DTCs?

Not totally true - prepay doesnt work on National Rail which is the main
reason I buy 1 day travelcards.

I know - and capping also loses in the crucial midnight-to-0430 window,
too, and there are probably other issues which don't leap immediately to
mind. That's why i qualified 'need' with 'really' - these aren't huge
issues, although i admit that the NR issue is pretty big.

tom

--
When I see a man on a bicycle I have hope for the human race. --
H. G. Wells