Old January 1st 06, 01:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default One Day Travelcards on Oyster?

On Sun, 1 Jan 2006, TKD wrote:

I know - and capping also loses in the crucial midnight-to-0430
window, too, and there are probably other issues which don't leap
immediately to mind. That's why i qualified 'need' with 'really' -
these aren't huge issues, although i admit that the NR issue is pretty
big.

Capping is supposed to work from 0430 to 0430.

Yes it does. In fact on the statement you get from Oyster detailing all
transactions for the last 3 months 1am is 25:00 and 2.15am is 26:15.
i.e. part of the previous day.

Ah, sorry, my mistake.

Also, with the new fares, you get a 50p discount if you choose to
sacrifice National Rail, although that could be argued to undermine the
integrated manner of the One Day Travelcard.

Hmm. It's really that you get a 50p discount if you get your 1DTC through
Oyster pre-pay capping rather than on paper, with the sacrifice of NR
being a consequence of NR not supporting pre-pay, but it comes to much the
same thing. I don't think i buy the argument that this undermines
integration - everything that worked before works now, it's just that some
lucky punters (those sensible enough to live north of the river, mostly!)
will get a 50p bonus.

tom

--
Let us learn to dream, gentlemen, and then perhaps we will learn the
truth. -- Friedrich Kekule