Old January 1st 06, 01:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses
Aidan Stanger Aidan Stanger is offline

Default Gatwick Fastway (Fantasy?)

Martin Clark wrote:

Aidan Stanger wrote...
That's interesting because the description matches that of an O-bahn.
Does this mean that the Adelaide O-bahn is no longer the only one in the
world?*

It hasn't been the only one for some time:
http://www.garden.force9.co.uk/OBahn.htm
http://www.busesintl.com/July_2002.htm
http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/york...itybus/quality

busindex.php
http://www.campaignon.com/caseforrail/Busway%20Proposal/default.aspx

I'd forgotten about the W Yorkshire busways. I wasn't sure if they were
proper O-bahns or not, but looking at the pictures on the website it's
clear that they are. That means that the Adelaide O-bahn has never been
the only one in the world, as W Yorkshire got them before the Essen one
closed.

UIVMM the Ipswich one isn't proper O-bahns because the guidewheels are
not directly connected to the steering.

Have any of Britain's guided busway promoters yet figured out that
they'd be more successrful if the buses actually went fast.
--
Aidan Stanger
http://www.bettercrossrail.co.uk