Old September 12th 03, 02:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mait001 Mait001 is offline

Default DLR Service Disruption

No, their vote is useless not because hardly anyone else agrees with
them but because the people who do agree with them are spread out
across the country. That means there's never a single constituency with
enough people agreeing with them to elect an MP. It seems a bit unfair
to let geography and the first past the post system dictate whether you
get an MP elected.

That's okay if you are content for the B.N.P. and any other far right party to
be treated in the same way, whose overall electoral support is, I suspect,
rather higher than the politically-correct brigade would be willing to
tolerate.

The price we pay for having a stable democracy is the exclsuion of extremists
on both wings. Personally, I think it's a price well worth paying.

Marc.