Old January 2nd 06, 04:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Peter Hendy-Bendy, C.B.E.

Adrian wrote:
Robert Woolley ) gurgled happily,
sounding much like they were saying :

So, I wonder which ghastly dehumanised moron made the
recommendation to his friend Tone' that the Routemaster's
executioner should be thus honoured today?

CBE = Commission from Bendis Earned?

Actually, Peter along with Tim O'Toole led the responses to 7/7 on
behalf of TfL:

Why don't you bother to check your facts?

Do forgive me. I didn't realise that signing off a press release or
two with your name on the bottom was enough to earn a CBE these
days.

Your attempt to make cheap jokes out of the 7/7 events, which put
tremendous pressure on the management of London Underground and London
Buses, is unwarranted. By all means criticise the honours system, but
not in a way which belittles the very real achievements of these
managers and their staff on that awful day.
--
Richard J.