Old January 2nd 06, 06:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Peter Hendy-Bendy, C.B.E.

Adrian wrote:
Richard J. ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

Do forgive me. I didn't realise that signing off a press release
or two with your name on the bottom was enough to earn a CBE
these days.

Your attempt to make cheap jokes out of the 7/7 events, which put
tremendous pressure on the management of London Underground and
London Buses, is unwarranted. By all means criticise the honours
system, but not in a way which belittles the very real
achievements of these managers and their staff on that awful day.

I'm not making light of it in the slightest. If you think about
what I said ...

Something about signing off a press release or two being enough to earn
a CBE, I recall. And you think that's not making light of it?
--
Richard J.