Old September 12th 03, 04:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin Mayes Robin Mayes is offline

Default Service infomation

There's been a 'push' on providing "Quality Service Information" recently,
hence the amount of information boards everywhere. There are lots of
office-based staff who are auditing these things, who only rely on pagers
telling them what lines are running normally/ delayed/ suspended and mark
the boards accordingly. However, what goes out on the pagers isn't the
reality that occurs. Instead of allowing staff to decide when a delay turns
into normal service we have to change it once we're told the service is
normal, despite what we may see in actuality. I'm getting increasingly fed
up with having to tell people there is a normal service when I know it isn't
so, for example, normal service on the Circle Line, then a 20 minute gap. If
that's normal I'm Alistair Campbell!