Old January 2nd 06, 09:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Brimstone Brimstone is offline

Default New Years Eve - Thank You!

" wrote in message
oups.com...

Brimstone wrote:
wrote:
Brimstone wrote:
wrote:
Steve Fitzgerald wrote:
In message .com,
writes
Did you get any extra money for working that shift? If so, how
much in total did you earn?

Sorry, are you talking to anyone in particular?

You and other posters.
I was wondering how much you got paid for that shift that ended at
4am. The total amount, ordinary pay plus bonuses.

Why do you want to know?

The truth, I guess.

OK, but how will the knowledge benefit you?

Interesting point. Knowledge must have a benefit before it is sought.
That would pretty much rule out a lot of pure scientific research. I
remember a lecturer from 30 years ago who answered that same question
with knowledge is an end unto itself. If you start assigning
costs/benefits to knowledge, it becomes reductive.

Though, I wouldn't equate the knowledge of the recent research
supporting evolution to that of a train driver's salary, it does help
people compare and contrast various professions and how our society
does reward them. Which clearly draws out the values that a society
lives by.

If your question had been simply about how much an LU train drivers earns
per year I could have understood it. It was the level of detail regarding
payment for a single shift that I couldn't work out.