Old September 12th 03, 04:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Gooner Gooner is offline

Default Silverlink trains

"simon" wrote in message ...
"Robin May" wrote in message
I've read that some of the Silverlink Metro trains are going to be used
to run Silverlink Country services. Are the metro trains fast enough?
And are there any other things which might cause problems?

--

I live next to the Barking - Gospel Oak line and noticed there were no
trains at all this morning "revving" past.

Got to Walthamstow Central this morning and sign saying "No service
Gosp.Oak - Barking", not sure about the North London Line.

There has been a disrupted service anyway for the last few weeks due to an
unsafe bridge in Wanstead. Maybe they'll be able to sort that while there
is no service.

The pulling of the Barking-Gospel Oak is annoyingly similar to what
happens when there's disruption on the ECML in the bit that's
duplicated by the Hertford Loop. Because ECML traffic is deemed more
important and the Hertford Loop doesn't have the power or signalling
capacity, local trains get withdrawn.

I know that ther are alternatives, but it's a pain.