Old January 3rd 06, 08:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Is pay-per-use Oystercard cheaper than... an annual travelcard?

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006, wrote:

On a different issue, supposing I had Oyster prepay to entitle me to
travel between Tottenham Hale and Seven Sisters, but boarded a NR
instead of Underground train and decided to get off at an intermediate
station, what would happen? What, if any, "penalty" would I have to pay
upon exit? Could I really be penalised for SHORTENING my journey?

Yes. This is exactly the same situation as if you had some sort of NR mega
granny discount ticket from London to Glasgow which didn't allow break of
journey, and got off at Crewe, or if you went back in time a couple of
years, bought an LT card, went to Tottenham Hale, headed off for Seven
Sisters on an NR train (not sure why you'd do this, since you have to go
via Hackney and it'd be faster to walk, probably, but it's your choice!),
and got off an an intermediate station.

All, surprising as it may seem, acts of heinous villainy according to the
rulebook, but not really an invention of Ken's.

tom

--
Plus, you gotta understand I can now type far, far faster than I can
think. This is not boasting - its admitting a personal tragedy. -- D