Old January 4th 06, 07:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick Cooper Nick Cooper is offline

Default New fares and Oyster

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 22:41 +0000 (GMT Standard Time),
(Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:

In article ,
(Nick Cooper) wrote:

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 16:47 +0000 (GMT Standard Time),
(Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:

For those who remember the thread about the new fare structure
penalising outsiders and TOC passengers I discovered an
unanticipated further factor at East Putney this morning.

Yes, we remember well how you failed to acknowledge that the only
people that would be "penalised" would be the ones who self-evidently
wanted to be.

Last year I bought only two tube singles, the two I had bought to
date when the thread was going. This morning I had to buy a £3 single
because I had to stay in London last night (to meet my aged mother at
Heathrow). It probably won't happen again all year so no thought of
buying an Oyster card.

Nose. Spite. Face.

You Londoners just don't understand us provincials do you?

I've lived more of my life outside of London than in it, so don't
bother trying to play that snobbish card.
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War, and in Films & TV:
http://www.nickcooper.org.uk/