Old January 4th 06, 07:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london
news.cn99.com news.cn99.com is offline

Default North Greenwich car park question

test
"Peter Cooper"
roups.com...
I've always tended to use North Greenwich car park (and tube) on the
rare instances I've come into London as it saves driving into town, and
it lets the "train take the strain" as, supposedly, the powers that be
want it to.

The last time I came down though, I joined the back of a fifteen car
queue and barely moved for half an hour. Eventually I turned around and
drove into town and parked in Farringdon instead!

In February I need to stay in London over night, in Greenwich, and will
want to use North Greenwich.. since I can get there at "almost" any
time, what time should I aim to get to the North Greenwich car park
before it's choc-a-bloc? Would getting there by 8am be enough? It
certainly seems to have become a very popular place to park given the
congestion charge increase!

Thanks in advance,
Pete