Old September 12th 03, 07:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Good evening ladies and gentlemen

Cast_Iron wrote:
"Richard J." wrote in message
Robin Mayes wrote:
Do you consider yourself customers or passengers?

Both. I've never quite understood what is meant to be good or bad
about the use of these terms. Why do some people object to being
called a customer by LU, when presumably they have no objection to,
say, Selfridges using that term if they are shopping there?

The question that arises in both cases who is a customer/passenger
and who is not? Let's say a group of people decide to travel by
train, One pay the fare for all. Clearly they are all passengers but
are they all customers?

Yes. They are members of a group who are recipients of a service provided
by the train operator for which the operator has been paid. The fact that
one person pays for all their tickets (or an individual may have his ticket
bought by his company, or a pensioner has his Freedom Pass paid for by his
London borough, or a Travelcard holder has paid his fare to a different
operator) makes no difference. Those people all expect to be treated as
customers.
--
Richard J.