Old January 6th 06, 06:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Is pay-per-use Oystercard cheaper than... an annual travelcard?

In article , (Paul Corfield) wrote:

ITSO compatible equipment will be funded commercially off the back of
a TfL initiative. There is no need for TfL to be doing any of this. I'd
be interested to see if the TOCs will be prepared to "take a risk"
about co-operating with the wider scheme or whether they will still lock
themselves away in their little insular world of 7 year franchises
pretending the real world isn't outside.

The TOCs need to "grow up" and understand where their best interests
lie. Being awkward about a major ticketing initiative in the country's
capital city is not the way to go about things, IMO.

Given the length of train franchises these days I'm amazed that TOCs are willing to "take a risk" at all.

--
Colin Rosenstiel