Old September 12th 03, 04:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael Bell Michael Bell is offline

Default Good evening ladies and gentlemen

In article , Robin Mayes
wrote:
Surprised this already hasn't come up.

The end of last week, we were all told that we had to precede P.A. messages
with "Good (morning / afternoon / evening) ladies and gentlemen". By Monday
it was reduced to "Ladies and gentlemen".

How do you feel about this? Do you think it's a tad Americanised?

Do you consider yourself customers or passengers?

Not only would I like to know, but I'm sure
would too!

I don't travel on the underground very much, but I wonder whether
audio quality is not a more important issue. Some announcements might
as well be in Russian for all the sense I can make of them.

--
Michael