Old January 9th 06, 09:19 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Nicholas Nicholas is offline

Default Gold Card discounted Day Travelcards from Tube Stations

On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 21:09:14 +0000, PRAR wrote:

DERWENT Gold Card discounted Day Travelcards from Tube Stations
Sun, 08 Jan 2006 23:37:43 +0000, Barry Salter

The "rule" as stated in the current TfL Fares leaflet is as follows:

If you hold an annual Travelcard valid in Zones 1-6 you only need buy
reduced price tickets for accompanying adults and children. If your
annual Travelcard is not valid in all of Zones 1-6 and you are only
buying reduced price tickets for accompanying adults, you will also need
to buy a Zones 1-6 Off-Peak Day Travelcard for yourself.

Not really as it doesn't explicitly state gold-card discounted or
undiscounted...

PRAR

Indeed, this is the rule the ticket office pointed out to me. They are
interpreting this (either correctly or incorrectly) as the Annual
Travelcard/Gold Card holder is NOT entitled to buy and use a
discounted travelcard themselves. LU Customer Services are saying the
same.

If both sources are correct I'm intrigued why their policy on this
would differ from National Rail.

Thanks

Nicholas