Old January 11th 06, 06:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
d d is offline

Default Fascist cyclists

" wrote in message
ups.com...
Not half!

I recall being hit by a cyclist on the pavement in Harlesden. I said
something like "Ouch!" and got a mouthful of abuse in return, along
with threats from his two mates.

Needless to say I enjoyed the look on their faces when I replied "OK.
So if you're so fsckin hard, how come you're scared to cycle on the
road?"

Hahahaha! Excellent one

I was walking with the mrs up a street near us (mildmay grove south - quiet
one-way street next to train tracks), and some asshat on a bike rode down
the pavement, doing a wheelie, past my wife and I, passing within inches of
us. I was sooo tempted to push a bin out in front of him or just jump at
him shouting something, but then I figured he probably had an AK-47 and
close air support, so I let it slide.

I just don't get why the cops don't do more about it. As far as dangerous
things that happen to me on a daily basis go, this is the biggest. Drug
dealers, paedophiles, crack whores and the such don't affect as many people
as nutter cyclists, do they? I might be wrong, and if I am I accept that,
but if not, why isn't more being done about it? I guess it's fair enough
for people to plead ignorance when it comes to such rules, as there's no
mandatory bicycle test, so maybe a campaign of "stop doing that you ******s"
information posters/adverts/sky-writing/whatever would benefit us? There's
got to be something someone can do...