Old January 11th 06, 07:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick Leverton Nick Leverton is offline

Default The real reasons behind the strike?

In article ,
Dave Hillam wrote:

Well, apart from severely increasing the risk of robbery from what
would, in effect, be mobile unprotected cash machines, these staff
wouldn't have an interface with Oyster. There does appear to have been
a significant increase in the number of face-to-cafe enquiries at
ticket offices about Oyster card problems.

I don't know how much it costs, but you can (or used to be able to anyway)
set up private groups on mobile phone networks. Can that include GSM
data services ? With a few extra microcells in mobile dead spots (that
I'm sure everyone is going to tell me about :-)) that might be workable.
I'd expect Mobile Oyster to be a big enough market that TFL could at
least talk to the networks nicely ...

Nick
--
So when is Tony Blair going to start treating *us* with respect ?