Old September 12th 03, 11:39 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london
Dave Plowman Dave Plowman is offline

Default Enfield to Putney - which route?

In article ,
Robin Mayes wrote:
It can be pretty dire. Avoid all day Saturday as the tailbacks going into
Leytonstone often block the roundabout.

I went from Balham to Enfield to pick up some secondhand doors for the SD1
on a Saturday. I didn't know the best route so went the 'direct' way
through the city and then north through Tottenham. Left Balham at 12.30
and got back about 6.30, this time using the North Circular to Hanger
Lane. Could have easily got to Edinburgh by then.

--
*I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she left me before we met *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn