Old January 12th 06, 10:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
RedAspect RedAspect is offline

Default The real reasons behind the strike?

"Dave Hillam" ] wrote in message
.. .
d wrote in uk.transport.london on Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:12:10 GMT
. uk:

I'm not trying to be confrontational here, but I've not heard a single
argument from ANYONE as to how the strikes have anything to do with
safety.
The safety argument begins and ends at the word "safety" - perhaps you
could
tell us how having less staff in ticket offices makes us more unsafe?

I'd understood that the references to safety were regarding the use of
either untrained staff (or, alternatively, no staff at all) as part of
LUL management's efforts to keep stations open during the strikes.
BICBW.

--
hike
- a walking tour or outing, esp. of the self-conscious kind

Do any of the doubters and knockers on this NG really believe that 4000 tube
workers would lose two days pay if there weren't real issues here. This was
a democratic, legal strike over real issues of job losses and safety. I am
writing an article about the strike at the moment and it will be published
on a couple of sites including www.zoneonelondon.co.uk it will detail all
the safety issues.

http://www.usenet.com