Old January 13th 06, 02:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Is pay-per-use Oystercard cheaper than... an annual travelcard?

On 12 Jan 2006 09:30:27 -0800, "Mizter T" wrote:

I absolutely take your point that the lower price could also merely be
seen as a way of rewarding passengers for choosing Oyster over paper
tickets, as is the case with both Tube and bus fares. However it's also
preferable that there is a price difference between the two products
given that you get less with a capped Oyster card than with a Day
Travelcard - see my next point...

We are not rewarded for using Oyster. This is considered the standard
fare. We are charged a premium for buying cash tickets.