Old January 13th 06, 07:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Fitzgerald Steve Fitzgerald is offline

Default Tim O'Toole

In message , Richard J.
writes
Officially "for services to transport and the community". According to
the BBC report on 31 December, he "was made an honorary CBE for leading
the Tube management's response to the attacks" on 7th July. Many
people get honours not only for doing the job they are paid to do, but
also for doing it in a way that makes a real difference to the wider
community. From all that I have read and heard, Tim O'Toole's
leadership of his staff in LU was inspirational in recognising those
who bore the brunt of the front-line trauma, and in organising and
motivating everyone to get the network back in operation again.

Tim O'Toole travelled on the first through Piccadilly line train to
Heathrow after it reopened after 7/7. He would have had to get up very
early to be on that train too. I was (coincidentally) on the train as I
had to meet my partner from the airport and was very surprised to see
him sat up front with the driver.

I was very impressed by the fact he took the trouble, as these little
things mean a lot - and I told him as much!