Old January 14th 06, 07:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Fascist cyclists

On 14 Jan 2006 11:34:08 -0800, "Boltar"
wrote:

And lets not forget the pratical problem of inforcement. Lets assume
your
dumb idea comes to fruition and license plates are required. Will
children
require them? Does little 2 year old Tommy have to wait until dad gets
him insurance and plates so he can ride his little tricycle out the
front?
No? Oh , we'll wait until they're 14 or so? So one day they find they
can't
legally go out on their bike anymore because their parents can't
afford
the insurance. Think they'll care? Think plod will care given they have
their hands full as it it? And how do expect a policeman to catch a
cyclist with no plates? Chase him on foot? Well that won't work. Call
in the panda car? Great - until the cyclist heads off down an alley
or up some stairs away from the road. No wait , we can call in the
police chopper, yeah that'll do it.

"Enforcement", that should be.

Why do all those reasons not apply equally to cars and motorcycles?