Old January 16th 06, 02:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Any useful Oyster card FAQs?

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 21:42:37 +0000, Clive Page
wrote:

Well that's also a surprise - and seems like a loophole. On further
reflection I guess that you have your original £3 deposited with them,
and the excess fare is always below that, so getting a series of Oyster
cards to take long journeys at the Zone 1 rate wouldn't gain you
anything.

You get your Oyster card free if you buy a season ticket on it. So
we can all rip TFL off a few quid by buying a season, putting some
pre-pay on it, letting it run down, traveling more than one Zone and
running away. What joy!

Is this stuff documented anywhere - I was only asking naive questions
because I couldn't find it on the LT/TFL sites?

It is now. In the Google Groups archives of this group.