Old January 17th 06, 03:50 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
d d is offline

Default More HEX Shenanigans - ripoff Britain?

"Bob Wood" wrote in message
In oups.com,
CJB typed:

... we saw numerous displays clearly stating that
Travelcards were NOT valid on the Heathrow Express.

I travelled on Heathrow Express with a Z1-6 ODTC on Sunday as I have done
several times when the facility has been available. The only signs that I
saw said that Travelcards other than Z1-6 were not valid.

Are you sure you are not mistaken? Did you take a photo of one of these
notices so that you could send it to TfL to complain that Heathrow Express
were not acting as contracted to do.

They're only contracted to accept the tickets on the service, not to sell
them as the only tickets on the service... I don't think CJB realises the
arrangement is to allow LUL travellers the ability to travel, not to turn
HEX into a branch of the underground for one weekend.

--
Bob