Old January 17th 06, 05:38 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default More HEX Shenanigans - ripoff Britain?

John Band wrote:
CJB wrote:
snip
Then we saw a HEX train arriving at Paddington and it was
unsurprisingly full. We wondered how many tourists, visitors to rip-off
Britain, had also been conned into paying for full fare tickets into
London? Probably most of them.

/snip

Good. They don't contribute to TfL from their taxes, so why should they
benefit from a subsidy programme designed to reduce the financial
expense to Londoners of the Picc closure?

Are you suggesting that travelcards are only available to people who
live in London, or that only people who live in London use the
Piccadilly Line to get to and from Heathrow?

The real question here is how much did TfL compensate HEX for taking
their passengers. HEX might have felt it reasonable to assume that
anyone who knew anything would take advantage of the situation and get
a travelcard instead of the HEX ticket they might have got, ie that TfL
should compensate them for every passenger they carried.

If they charged TfL on that basis, then there is a hint of ripoff if
they made every effort to disguise the availability of travelcards.
But did they? Does anyone know?