Old January 17th 06, 05:53 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
John Band John Band is offline

Default More HEX Shenanigans - ripoff Britain?

Chris Tolley wrote:

John Band wrote:
Good. They don't contribute to TfL from their taxes, so why should they
benefit from a subsidy programme designed to reduce the financial
expense to Londoners of the Picc closure?

Not Londoners. London Underground users.
There are not yet border controls at the M25.

True. And nor is the Greater London boundary at the M25...

However, the original post was talking about tourists who arrived at
Heathrow, went to the HEX ticket office (ie who would have travelled on
HEX irrespective of the possible cheap fare) and were "conned into
paying for full fare tickets into London".

I would suggest these are not the people that TfL's programme was
designed to benefit, and that I don't see any reason why Londoners'
taxes should subsidise their journey into town...

--
John Band
e: john at johnband dot org