Old January 17th 06, 07:34 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
David Jackman David Jackman is offline

Default More HEX Shenanigans - ripoff Britain?

"Bob Wood" wrote in
:

But he said that there were notices saying that TravelCards were not
valid. I don't think I believe him.

None of the standard displays had been changed. The main indicator at
Paddington was certainly stating "Travelcards not valid", as were the
(automatic) train announcments. I think the platform indicators were as
well.

I overheard one mobile conversation along the lines of "I'm going to be
late and I've just forked out £ 16.00 rather than take two hours at get to
Hammersmith".