Old January 17th 06, 08:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David David is offline

Default CCTV

On 17 Jan 2006 00:02:08 -0800, "downunder" wrote:

Also am i the only one saying how bad the images are, (if they could
see the faces i'm sure we would all see them by now), and whats the
point of CCTV if no one looks at it. Lets face it, we would never have
known about the platform mugging unless the guy hadn't come forward
well after the event - he had not reported it and wasn't going to.
So nobody watches it, and if they do they can't make out anything
anyway. What a great detterent.
Do we need more staff on the stations - or less?

I agree on the quality of the images.
I'm all for CCTV but what is the point if all you can make out is a
blurred human shape with absolutly no detail. Its not just Kensal
Green, most images I've seen in the newspapers don't convince me
they're an effective deterrant.

Dave