Old January 17th 06, 10:51 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
[email protected] jonporter1052@btinternet.com is offline

Default More HEX Shenanigans - ripoff Britain?

Louis Krupp wrote:

Chris Tolley wrote:
John Band wrote:

We don't get nearly as many tourists here in the backwaters of Colorado

as you do in the UK, but I try to be helpful when I can. When I struck
up a conversation with a New Zealander I met on the bus in Denver and
learned that he was on his way to the old location of the American Youth
Hostel, I informed him that the Hostel had moved, the original
building had been adopted by the Moonies, and perhaps he'd like
directions to the new location. It was the right thing to do.

Louis
Boulder, Colorado

Louis, the hospitality you mention seems to be local trait. We spent 3
weeks in Colorado back in Summer 2005. One only had to glance at a
directional sign when walking around in Denver, Golden or Boulder to
have a local person stop and ask if one needed any help. Boulder in
particular has a very unique character. Found my favourite shop in your
"high street" called "Into The Wind", I've never seen so many kits and
frisbees in one place, very colourful! The bus interchange was another
example of local hospitality. I accidentally put a $20 bill into the
automated machine by the driver instead of a five. The driver spotted
the mistake but the machine is a sealed unit. Other locals behind me in
the queue boarded for free at the drivers bidding and gave me their
fares to make up the difference. We made several friends in the short
time we were there, can't wait to go back.