Old January 18th 06, 09:29 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Mikael Armstrong Mikael Armstrong is offline

Default More HEX Shenanigans - ripoff Britain?

"John Band" wrote in message
oups.com...
CJB wrote:
snip
Then we saw a HEX train arriving at Paddington and it was
unsurprisingly full. We wondered how many tourists, visitors to rip-off
Britain, had also been conned into paying for full fare tickets into
London? Probably most of them.

/snip

Good. They don't contribute to TfL from their taxes, so why should they
benefit from a subsidy programme designed to reduce the financial
expense to Londoners of the Picc closure?

What a load of tosh. Tourists may not pay income tax, but they will be
paying VAT on everything they consume whilst in the UK, and they are also
one of the main forms of inward trade in the UK, so everything should be
done to treat them well.

--
John Band
e: john at johnband dot org