Old January 18th 06, 11:02 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
d d is offline

Default More HEX Shenanigans - ripoff Britain?

"Chris Tolley" wrote in message
d wrote:
I don't see why people are complaining they were allowed to travel on an
fast, expensive train for the cost of an underground ticket.

They aren't. They are complaining that the information that may have
enabled people to do so was not available at all ticket outlets.

No-one was ripped off, no-one was defrauded. Some people just got a
really good value ticket, while others paid the correct fare. No-one
was charged over the fare - I don't get what the problem is.

There *may have been* some people charged over the correct fare. They
would have been the people who had intended to travel by Tube, turned up
at the Tube, found it closed, and went to HEx where they paid the full
HEx fare without being told that there was a cheaper fare available.
Having arrived at Paddington, they may even have bought a ODTC to
continue their journey, thus being overcharged by the entire amount of
the (unnecessary in their circumstances) HEx ticket.

And they can fill in a compensation form, submit it to TfL, and wait for
some money to be sent to them

--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p14104763.html
(37 689, 37 668, 37 712 and 37 710 at Warrington Arpley, 21 Apr 2005)