Old January 18th 06, 11:22 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Chris Tolley Chris Tolley is offline

Default More HEX Shenanigans - ripoff Britain?

Richard J. wrote:
People who had intended to travel by Tube would have found the Tube
station *open* (for the service to Acton Town), but there would have
been lots of staff at the entrance to advise those who wanted to go to
central London that if they bought a Travelcard from LU, it would be
valid on HEx. At least, that's what happened last year. I wasn't there
this time, and it seems you weren't either.

No, I wasn't. But if I had seen a sign to say that the service to
central London was suspended, then I probably wouldn't have made it all
the way to the Tube station either, to meet these legions of staff.

If you want BAA to offer the concession to their passengers as well, who
do you propose should foot the bill and why?

What bill? Did BAA run extra trains or otherwise incur any extra costs?
--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9633116.html
(60 041 at Reading, 22 Jun 1999)