Old January 18th 06, 12:12 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
d d is offline

Default More HEX Shenanigans - ripoff Britain?

"Chris Tolley" wrote in message
Richard J. wrote:
People who had intended to travel by Tube would have found the Tube
station *open* (for the service to Acton Town), but there would have
been lots of staff at the entrance to advise those who wanted to go to
central London that if they bought a Travelcard from LU, it would be
valid on HEx. At least, that's what happened last year. I wasn't there
this time, and it seems you weren't either.

No, I wasn't. But if I had seen a sign to say that the service to
central London was suspended, then I probably wouldn't have made it all
the way to the Tube station either, to meet these legions of staff.

If you want BAA to offer the concession to their passengers as well, who
do you propose should foot the bill and why?

What bill? Did BAA run extra trains or otherwise incur any extra costs?

The money they lose by people who are using the HEx to get from Heathrow to
Paddington, as the service is intended, buying travelcards instead. If
everyone gets to take advantage of the concessions being made to TfL ticket
holders, that's not fair on HEx, who are offering a helpful service to
otherwise stranded members of the public. HEx didn't instantly become part
of the underground that weekend

--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9633116.html
(60 041 at Reading, 22 Jun 1999)