Old January 18th 06, 04:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jonathan Morris Jonathan Morris is offline

Default Wagn Rolling Stock

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:
WAGN into Moorgate seem to have had rolling stock problems and defective
units every day for about the last two weeks.

Is it all very old ? Or is that a catchall excuse like "wrong kind
of leaves ?" :-)

I have no idea what the faults are, but perhaps it's the same unit
causing problems (not sure how many 313's they have in total)?

They have all recently had a refit to get CCTV, and glow-in-the-dark
strips next to the ceiling lights (plus easily removable glow-sticks
that seem to have disappeared.. I wonder why!). I'm not sure why you
need to 'see' the ceiling in the dark, but as I've been on two trains
where the internal lights were switched off, it would be nice to see
the effect when going through one of the many tunnels.

Anyway, perhaps the addition of the CCTV cameras and recording
equipment (quite a lot of stripping down and rebuilding internally) may
have damaged something else?

Jonathan