Old January 18th 06, 05:50 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Martin Underwood Martin Underwood is offline

Default More HEX Shenanigans - ripoff Britain?

d wrote in
:

However displaying posters/signs that contradict information that
TfL has provided is very different. That's not just witholding
information. It's lying. It leaves passengers wondering who to
believe: TfL who say that their tickets are being accepted on HEx
trains or HEx who say that travel cards are not being accepted.

They're not lying. They have those signs anyway. And I doubt they
can be held legally responsible for the content of those signs,
especially when HEx are doing TfL and the public a massive favour.

Surely it is unlawful for a company to post signs which say "we do not
accept our competitor's tickets" when that is not actually the case and when
the competitor has negotiated an agreement that their tickets *will* be
affected. By displaying those signs, they are making passengers think that
they have no option but to buy a more expensive ticket, when passengers *do*
have the option of buying a cheaper ticket.

Given that the signs are normally displayed and quite correctly say that
travelcards are not normally accepted, it's probably a sin of omission: they
have forgotten to cover them up during the temporary period that travelcards
are accepted. But by failing to remove those signs, they are making people
pay extra for something that they don't need to and thus laying themselves
open to accusations (in this thread) of ripping off passengers.s