Old January 18th 06, 09:44 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Ross Ross is offline

Default More HEX Shenanigans - ripoff Britain?

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 17:01:03 -0000, Martin Underwood wrote in
, seen in
uk.railway:
Paul wrote in
:
[snip]
The concept of ticket offices and machines which only sell one
specific TOC's tickets is abhorrent to me.

HEX is not a TOC

All right. If you want to split hairs, maybe I should have said "the
TOC which runs the HEx service".

Which TOC runs it? I thought it was a privatly subsidised service

Is the company which runs it not classed as a TOC then?

No.

HEx is an Open Access Operator, like Hull Trains. They are both Train
Companies, but not TOCs.

A TOC is a franchise of part of the former-BR network - it's a bit of
terminology with a specific meaning.

And to clear up another bit of regular confusion, the TOC is not the
franchisee or vice versa.

So, for example: Central Trains = TOC; National Express = franchisee.
--
Ross, in Lincoln, most likely being cynical or sarcastic, as ever.
Reply-to will bounce. Replace the junk-trap with my name to e-mail me.

Demonstration of poor photography at http://ross.photobook.org.uk
AD: http://www.merciacharters.co.uk for European charters gripped by me