Old January 18th 06, 10:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
purple pete purple pete is offline

Default Is it correct to use 999 in this case...?

A few yrs ago I was on the M1 and spotted a wooden broom in the middle of
L1 laying parallel to the lane markings and called 999 because *someone* was
likely to move into L1 and not see it til it was too late - however anyone
who stayed in L1 would have simply drove right over it. Anyway in my mind
it was too dangerous to risk and after calling never heard no more, always
wondered if anyone else did the same and call in that morn.