Old January 19th 06, 12:41 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Chris Tolley Chris Tolley is offline

Default More HEX Shenanigans - ripoff Britain?

Martin Underwood wrote:

What a mess our rail system has become: some stations owned/operated by
TOCs, some owned by Network Rail; some services operated by TOCs, some
operated by companies that are not TOCs.

Ain't it the truth.

Maybe I'm biassed because I can remember a time when the railways were
operated as a single entity with joined-up thinking!

And summers were warmer, too... I don't think it was ever the single
entity, but at least all parts realised that they were supposed to be
working together, and the differences between the entities (let's call
them regions) didn't actually bother the customers.
--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p10907022.html
(56 071 at Leamington Spa, Aug 1982)