Old September 14th 03, 07:54 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london
AstraVanMan AstraVanMan is offline

Default Enfield to Putney - which route?

Dave Plowman wrote in message
In article ,
AstraVanMan wrote:
Not completely sure of traffic flows around Docklands on a Saturday,
but can't imagine it'd be too bad - I reckon the best way would be
A24/A3 to the Elehpant and Castle, around to Tower Bridge, then up the
Highway, Limehouse Link/Aspen Way, then A12 / A406.

Not sure about all of your route, but I regularly go from Balham to Kings
Cross on a Saturday afternoon, and find that crossing at Battersea bridge
and using the North Embankment route up to Blackfriars by far the quickest
- in both directions. The rare large demonstration round parliament
obviously excepted, though.

Whenever I'm going along the Embankment I always avoid Parliament Square by
going over Lambeth Bridge, up Lambeth Palace Road, and then left onto
Westminster Bridge, and then right onto t'Embankment. Most of the time it's
not too bad, but the other day I thought I'd try going that way, and there
was quite a big queue, which got on my nerves, so I turned around and went
the other way.

Also, IMPORTANT REQUEST FOR INFORMATION:

Does anyone know where I can buy a "nipple" for my IBM Thinkpad - you know,
the little red thing that's a bit like a joystick that does the job of a
mouse - it left me the other day and I could do with another one. They
can't be too expensive, surely. Also, for a while I had a mouse plugged in,
but the laptop fell on the floor and the area around the mouse port got all
bent and buggered, and now the mouse won't work.

Peter